Dia de los rodillas muertos

My left knee is zombified.   I took 2 weeks off after re-injuring it at the Austin Celtic Festival, and now I'm starting the humbling process of rehabbing and rebuilding.  We have the technology.

For the next 3 months I'm committed to whole body training, doing simple meat and potato  functional movements to address any structural imbalances I have to make sure I'm as strong and healthy as can be the rest of my life.

week 1 is a single workout on Sun, Tue, Thu:

After my warm-up of Agile-8, Back bridges, neck bridges, stomach vacuums, and wood choppers:

  1. Alternating box pistols (rehab work to get my knee stronger.  Goal is to work up to full pistols)
  2. Neutral Grip pullup plan (Pavel's 5 Rep Max plan)
  3. Hang Clean & Jerk: 1 x 5; 2 x 5 singles
  4. Squat: work up to 5x30 with a really light weight before adding 20 pounds; e.g. 95, 115, 135....
  5. Overhead press:  depends on the week - either 3x5, 3x3, or 5,4,3,2,1
  6. Bent row:   5x10
After a few weeks, I'll add kettlebell swings and direct arm-work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing