26NOV: kneehab wk4-d4


Just an easy jog today, with my problem-child dog.  Simon is a cathoula / black cur mix and he was bred to find and catch wild boars.  He's quite an impressive machine, but boy is he needy.  He's like me.  When there is no challenge to conquer, to opportunity to push past your limits, he gets antsy - ill-at-ease.  I have plenty of outlets, but Simon only has 1: running.

I'm no runner, but it does us both good.  And he behaves so much better after a good day on the trail. The only downside is that my 10 year old boxer Kodi stays  at home for the big outings since he can't do it anymore. But poor Kodi doesn't understand that.  He just wants to be with me out on the road or trail.  So now I have to walk the dogs together so Kodi still feels like a pack member, and then run the shit out of Simon so he doesn't self destruct.  All in all, its a good problem to have.

Today was a nice mid-day run:  10 rounds of:
- 2 minute run
- 1 minute walk

He looks soo much more content already.  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing