Further along the road to Amazing

So I have the early morning wake-up handled.  I am walking my dog in the morning.  I am eating better, and seldom drink alcohol.  I am keeping a ridiculously clean house and a well manicured lawn.

Let me be clear that I don't inherently value the lawn or the cleanliness of my house; and that is exactly why I am putting so much care and effort into these things.  I want to master the art of doing what I don't want to do.  I want to become the model of self discipline.

Matthew 5:44:  But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
Matthew 5:46-47:  If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?

In the same vein, what gains in self control or self discipline are there to be had from being consistent with activities I love?  Doing what I'd rather avoid is what pays dividends.

To that end, I have created a daily habit of logging all my expenses and deposits manually, just because it forces me to see my daily spending habits, and so far it has encouraged astounding saving habits.  I am spending less, and moving most of my excess cash to saving.  No more impulse spending.  I have a goal and I won't buy dumb shit till I hit my savings goal.

And as far as fitness, I am hammering the stepmill and seeing great results.  My stomach continues to flatten and abs continue to sharpen.  My anxiety attacks are fading as time goes on, but I have to think that the improved cardio health is also helping.

The simplest way to jack my conditioning and burn fat seems to be coupling kettlebell swings with a strength movement, or coupling stepmill intervals with a strength movement.  I'll have no problem hitting 12% BF by 21 DEC 2013. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing