Happiest Father's Day

I don't want to get overly personal and philosophical, so I'll leave it at this.  I love my children unconditionally, but it was my wife who really made today special for me.  I have good kids, but my wife is amazing.  I'll leave out the deeply meaningful parts and cut to the fitness chase.

She got me an 80 pound kettlebell.  Those things aren't cheap, and especially not at that weight.  We had been casually messing with some at a fitness store a week ago and she said the 45, 55, and 60 looked too easy for me.  I can barely 1-arm press the 80# 4 times with my right and twice with my left.  I'm going to have to log some serious hours to develop any form of mastery with this behemoth. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing