11 AUG: Swimming & climbing

Swimming:

I'm a reader.  I love to read everything I can to get better at whatever I enjoy.  I got my wife a book on swimming, but she didn't take to it right away, so I dove in (pun?) and read it.  Total Immersion Swimming is an incredible book and has taken me from an already strong swimmer to a fantastic swimmer.  I covered 20 laps in about half the time, and half the effort. 


Climbing:

I wasn't really climbing.  I did some handy-man work for my mother.  She bought a chandelier and filled it with solar powered lights instead of candles.  I hung it from a large tree in her back yard.  She wanted the ability to raise and lower it, so I ran a cable through a series of eye-bolts up the tree to the top branch, and anchored a small plastic boat cleat to the trunk to secure the cable.  The eye-bolts work great as cable guides, but getting them up set was a challenge. I climbed up and down that tree carrying my drill, the cable, and all sorts of other tools.  Today's heat of 103 F made it even more challenging.


All in all, a good day.  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

13JAN2015: More boxing

The Warrior's Path