30 APR: Lunch Run

Low Intensity Intervals are going to be a permanent part of my fitness plan for the rest of my life.  I may reduce the duration of the walks soon, or increase the run duration, but they just make me feel amazing.

10 rounds of 2min walk and 30sec hard run.  The 1st two rounds are always slow, and the last two are always gut-checks.  Everything in between makes me feel like a damn race horse.  My stride feels good, the springiness in my feet, ankles, and calves feels great.

What I love most about LIIT is how easy it is to lose track of time.  The 25 minutes was over before I knew what happened.  My dog crapped out at round 7 and watched me circle the gravel track from the shade of the gazebo.

When I get a bit fitter, I'll add in HIIT 1 day a week and slowly build up to 2 days a week, but for the foreseeable future LIIT along with a few distance runs per week will cover my cardio / stamina needs.


Summary:
10 rounds of:
  • 2 minute fast walk
  • 30 second hard run (occasionally to full sprint)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing