11 DEC: Started today

I'm doing a 24-day supplementation and nutrition program. The eating is very simple for me, since I've done militant diets in the past to make weight for fights. You can sum up the diet this way:
  • Nothing special, just actually DO what you know you need to do
  • 4 small real food meals per day
  • 2 protein shakes per day
  • no refined ANYTHING (carbs, sugar, etc.)
  • Heavy on fresh vegetables and some fruit
  • Keep the meat sources lean
  • No alcohol

The supplement schedule is actually pretty cool. the 1st 10 days are geared towards cleansing, and include probiotics and EFAs. The next 14 days are for fat loss. It fits my workout methodology to a 'T':

  • Undo the bad we've done to this point
  • Get structurally sound
  • Ramp up the intensity and burn as much fat as you can while retaining muscle
    .... my experience has been that Ii usually add a small amount of muscle through this type of training / supplementing.

As of last night, I weighted 215 lbs. Not bad, but not rock solid, either. I'll get my baseline performance tests done this weekend.

For my 1st workout:

5:45 AM jog: 20 minutes. Nothing special but I got my ass out there in the cold before sun-up! That counts in my book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing