Fitter than I thought!: 6/30 Sprint session

Who knew 1 mile could be so hard! I did sprinted 4 laps last night aroun 8:30. My rest inetrval was roughly 90 seconds. I'm not exactly sure how long my rest intervals were or my times because I don't have a stop watch.

The most suprising thing for me was how quickly I was recovering between laps. But after lap four, my legs were too fried to even think about running my three 100 yard sprints.

Including warm lap and stretching, the whole thing was less than 30 minutes.

Comments

plieb said…
how did you time your runs? Is the 8:30 the total time for all laps? Does 8:30 include the rest time? what are you hoping to accomplish by running these 400s?
MMAdrian said…
8:30 PM is when I started my workout. I didn't time anything. Based on perception, I'd say I was around the 1:45 mark per lap.

My goal is to increase my anaerobic endurance. I can tell that there is also an aerobic component to 400s as well. My heart was racing, my lungs were on fire, and my core and legs were spasming.

I'm running 400s because its a great way improve my fight conditioning, in that it is an all out effort for 1-2 minutes, and then I have to recover in a short amount of time before the next effort. When I do stand-up fighting, my legs give out from all the bouncing on the balls of my feet, the kicking, and shuffling around the mat. Running 400s will improve my anaerobic endurance so I stay fast on my feet for a longer period of time.

I'll get a stop watch today or tomorrow and time my 400s on Thursday.

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing