Lighter and Stronger

I've cut weight to a solid 203 pounds, but will occasionally hit 198 just for fun/looks, but also to get my body used to being lighter so I won't be in shock when I compete at 198 pounds for Highland Games.

I'm really happy that at 203 pounds, I was able to bench press 225 for 6 reps.  Squats and Deadlifts are doing amazing, but my bench press has always been a weakness.  My Clean and Snatch are coming along great, but what II'm most proud of is my overall conditioning.

While I'm not a fan of CrossFit and the random nature of their WODs, I do love structured MetCons that tax the same muscle groups and movement patternns as the strength work performed in a given training session.  Example: On push day on Thursday (quads, chest, shoulders), my MetCon was:
  • 2 rounds of:
    • Wallball x 20, 15,10, 5
    • Pushup x 20, 15, 10, 5
    • Weighted leg raise x 20, 15, 10, 5
I'm as lean as I was when I was competing in fighting at 185, but I'm a damn sight stronger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing