Hiking a marathon and rock climbing

So this is my "off" week.  All it means is no gym time.  Apparently it doesn't mean rest and recovery.

Friday after work I parked a the trailhead of Goodwater Loop on Lake Georgetown.  I set out at 5:00 PM with 6 liters of water, a liter of coconut water, some trail mix, and a few turkey pitas.

For the first 17 miles I maintained a 3mph pace.  I reached mile 17 at midnight at had a 30 minute break to eat.  I finished the remaining 10 miles at a 2mph pace.  The last 8 miles were pure hills.

I made it to my truck right at 5:15 AM, putting this at 12 hours and 15 minute hike.  I was delirious on the last mile.  My mind just wanted to sleep.  I got home and slept like I was in a coma.  I was useless on Saturday, but went to a concert that night.


Sunday I went rock climbing at Main Event.  When I got home from an hour of climbing, I noticed my feet had blood blisters all over.  OUCH!  SO now my hands and feet are killing me.  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing