Taking the CrossFit plunge

Its Friday, August 27th, 2010. After about 2 years of 'playing' with CrossFit concepts on my own, and watching my buddy Plieb make startling progress at CrossFit Central (and SicFit Gym?) I've finally decided to take the plunge.

My wife and I joined Defiant CrossFit, which is just 2 miles down the road from my house. I'm excited, open minded, and a bit nervous to see when my conditioning REALLY stands. I'll get my body measures done on Monday, along with pictures. Nothing like objective data to get me in high gear.

I am most looking forward to hands-on coaching, and the group atmosphere. I've been training in my garage, with and without training partners for a few years, so it'll be great to have someone point out flaws in my technique and even effort.

The only real concern I have is the random nature of the program. I'm only going Monday and Wednesday mornings, so it may prove to undermine my tuesday and thursday efforts if i don't know what is planned ahead of time. I may have to juggle things just a bit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing