3 AUG: part 1 - short but intense

My wife and I will be doing some biking and sprints later this evening, so today's mid day workout was short, but intense. It was the weirdest thing. There are plenty of times that i've pushed hard enough to vomit, but today was different. the pain was so intense and so engrossing, that I was making involuntary shouts. Focing rep after rep with little to no break or rest was beyond fatigue, beyond pain. It hurt so bad it was almost emotional. I have no idea what that was, but it was a new experience for me.

Here is the workout:

With a 10 minute time limit, perform as many rounds as possible of:
  1. Pullup x 10
  2. Dip x 10
  3. Pistol squats x 10

I finished 3 rounds and got another 10 pullups and 6 dips before time ran out. Next time I do this, I'll shoot for 4 full rounds!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing