22 FEB: PM kickboxing workout

I started at about 9:00 PM, and it felt great.

10 rounds on the heavy bag; 2 mins work, 1 min rest

I started with basic straight punch combos, working on speed of hand, head movement, and footing. After 2 rounds of that, I worked on power, throwing combos of no more than 4 punches. My hooks are still great!!! Then I did 2 rounds of just leg kicks. 5 lead kicks with left, then 5 round kicks with right, continuously alternating through the round.

For the last 3 rounds, I really killed myself. I decided to focus on work output. "Can I get 15 kicks with each leg, and 30 punches with each hand in 2 minutes?" "What about 20/20 and 40/40?" My break point was 25 kicks with each leg in 2 mins: NOT HAPPENING THIS WEEK!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing