29 JUL: 1 mile torture run

Good grief! The weather was about 10 degrees cooler than normal, a mere 96 farenheit, but it still sucked to be running a mile for time. I haven't run consistently in a few months.

My fiance runs often, but I was not about to get my ass handed to me at the track, in front of my kids, by a hottie who I out-weigh by 70lbs and is 8 inches shorter than me!!!!

Well, it all came down to will; not fitness. I turned in an 8:30 mile, and my fiance came in at 8:32. 30 seconds later she was goofing off with the kids and I was hugging the trash barrel in case I hurled my tacos.

In my defense: the tacos were homemade, using turkey meat; pretty healthy.

Final tangent: Fresh serrano peppers are NOT great pre-workout nutrition.

Final results:
MMAdrian: 8:30 mile
his fiance: 8:32 mile

It'll be about 6 weeks before I do this WOD again. I hope to cut it down to a flat 8 minutes by then.

Comments

Supra said…
2 seconds, hot damn!! Wish I had been there to witness that one -- sheer will, indeed. It is amazing what the right situation and the right motivation can produce in a person.

Sign me up for the next mile-for-time event.. as we said, probably in late August, maybe early Sep?

I hope you made it up to Jaime later on for turning on the turbos at the tail end to beat her :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing