Next Phase starts Monday, 30 June

Man, oh man. I'm not looking forward to this, but I know it is the right next step. My shins and calves have been absolutely devastated by sprinting so many 100-120 yard sprints. Now its time to work further into the lactic acid threshhold by bumping it up to 400 yards. These make me puke pretty regularly, but its been YEARS since I sprinted this sort of distance.

I'm sticking to the same schedule, with a 5K added in on Wednesdays.

Monday: Sprint
Tuesday: Lift
Wednesday: 5k run
Thursday: Sprint
Friday: Lift

When I run 400s, its more of a heel-to-toe gait as compared to 100s, where I'm on the balls of my feet every step and my heels never touch the ground. I'm hoping this will be a little less stressful on the shin splints I've started to develop and will allow for the added cardio run on Wednsday.

The sprints aren't much of a progression this time, as I know it'll take me longer to adapt to the distance:







The Tuesday workouts will be a pain:










Fridays will be a little more basic:

Comments

plieb said…
what is your sprint schedule? How may 400s per session and what kind of warmup?
MMAdrian said…
The sprints are detailed out in the little graphic. For this week and next, its 4 x 400, then 3 x 100. I'll be doing that Mondays and Thursdays.

For the last 2 weeks of this phase it'll be 5 x 400 only.

My warm-up is basic and ad-hoc. Jumping jacks, shuffle splits, karioke runs, walking lunges for 40 yards. Then I'll do some statics stretches for a while. Then I usually jog one lap and then start the dynamic stretches. All this is barely 10-15 minutes. It just depends on how loose or tight I feel.

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing