Phase1: Coming to an end

Let me start by saying I'm not a fan of direct bicep work. I find it boring and of limited value to the world of sports performance. But, as ridiculous as it is, so many people judge strength on the size of your arms and how much you can bench. So I'm doing direct bicep work for a while. After phase 2, you won't see nearly as much upper arm work. A good grip is worth far more in "ground and pound" than bicep size.
I'm ending the 1st 4 week phase that introduced sprints for the first time this year.


Monday: Sprints
Tuesday: Lifting

Thursday: Sprints
Friday: Lifting


The actual sprint progression was this:







I took week 3 off of sprinting due to my groin and shins being so beat up, but yesterday was solid!


Tonight's workout:











Friday will be the end of phase 1!
Friday's workouts have been:

After this, its time to start sprinting further and doing barbell complexes!!!!!

Comments

plieb said…
No need to be a bicep apologist. My approach to this problem is buying size medium shirts or shopping at baby gap.

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing