Goofy cardio for the whole family: 26 June

This evening, my two kids, ages 8 and 5, my girlfriend and I went to a lake that has a 5K trail circling it. The kids were on bikes, so the idea was hat my girlfriend and I would essentially do 5K worth of intervals as we tried to catch them, at which point we'd slow down for a while together. That worked OK for about 2/3 of a mile; then my kids got tired. The rest f the way was spent alternating between a jog, and me alternating between pushing my son and my daughter on their bikes.

We had lots of breaks, and it took us nearly 45 minutes, instead of the planned 25, but it was fun and my kids got an aerobic thrashing. My girlfriend and I got a good sweat, but not the sustained level of intensity we'd hoped for.

Either way, I got in two workouts today. Tomorrow is going to be bitch of a weight session.

Comments

plieb said…
I did the same thing recently. Ran my kids from Shoealcreek to Pease park in a jogging stroller. Now they want me to run fast every time im pushing the stroller. Its not too bad, their combined weight is only 60 lbs, but when im running into the wind or uphill it gets awfully hard to puish that double jogging stroller.

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing