Fair Warning

My good friend Jacob got me interested in blogging this. He's currently doing a Crossfit experiment to see what kind of results he gets by sticking to it exactly as planned, including the diet.

I train to improve my fighting ability, and to create general capability. I rock climb, kyak, hike, and playt with my kids, so I have to be able to do more than just three 5-minute rounds.

On July 4th I'll be doing a 5K in Georgetown, TX. Since I pulled my groin a few months ago and haven't rested and allowed it to heel, I'll be lucky to reach <27 minutes. I'll post my workout schedules each time the phase changes, and do my best to post daily updates, but that'll be hard. I do something structured 4-5 days a week, and just goof off the other days.

I don't follow any one fitness expert's advice or one fitness system. The thing I've learned is that the body adapts to any type of stimulus over time. At first, the adaptive response is the increase in strength, or mass, or any of the other desired effects. But after a certain amount of time, which is defferent for nearly everyone, the body become efficient at handling the type of stress you apply, so the training effect is reduced.

That's why I'm always shifting the type of demand I place on my body. Some phases will be basic "body builder" movements iwht standard sets and reps. other will require me to perform gut-wrentching movement complexes with a loaded barbell, or do sprints at the track. Sometimes I'll have to pair heavy barbell or olympic movements with plyometrics or depth jumps. In any case, the constant (but planned) change leads to a more sustained improvement in all facets of physical performance.

What I do works for me, and gets me closer to my goals. It may not be what you want to do. It is damn hard and painful at times.

Check out Jacob's blog at: http://pliebfitness.blogspot.com/

Comments

plieb said…
Hi Adrian -- I will post my workouts to yours if you post yours to mine. ;) But seriously, for me, %95 of exercise is motivation. Hopefully putting my efforts out in a public forum will keep me at it. Also, I need a place to park my before and after photos once I go tanning and shave my chest. -- Jacob

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing