26 June: Afternoon Sparring

I'm not sure how long we sparred, but five of my coworkers met this afternoon for kickboxing sparring. I usually get a nice clench and work knees to the body and few fake knees, and work towards a throw setup. Since we meet in a room that isn't padded, I never throw anyone.

Today we did a lot of mitt drills and kept the pace high, with very light sparring for the last 30-40 minutes. We call this tempo-sparring at my martial arts school. Its just going for speed, technique and position. So no breaks, and no excessive levels of force; just hard work for a long time!!!

Tonight I'm running sprints, so hopefully this has drained me too much!!!

Comments

plieb said…
what equipment do you wear when sparring? gloves and mouth piece?
MMAdrian said…
Mouth peice, cup, helmet, and gloves. If we are going to be working hard on the mitts, I'll wrap my hands. But since I've been doing this for a while, my wrists have gotten used to the impact of punching.

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing