18OCT2014: Knee of weakness

I was at Austin Celtic Festival throwing some weights and having a good time.  It was a large group of competitors, so the  time between throws was long.   I was getting cold and decided to do  some stretching.   I had my leg up over a tree limb and was getting a good hamstring stretch.  A few times per leg, then I get a little aggressive with the stretching.  My left knee, the one that had surgery last year, just buckled.  It hyperextended about 15 degrees, and in so doing, pulled deep into my hamstring to the point of tearing.  Just a little.  I feel a depression on the bottom third of my hamstring, toward the inside.

2 weeks off completely then I start rehabbing on my own.  C'est la vie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing