20AUG: working with my limitations day 2

Well, it would seem that even rowing on Nautilus machines is too much for my knees, as I could feel the pain develop midway through the training session.  Ah well, still better that eating Vinegar & Salt chips and watching TV.

  1. Sauna:  5 mins
  2. neutral grip pulldown:  100lb x 10sets x 5reps (20 second rest or less)
  3. Nautilus isolateral row*: 80lb x 5sets x 10reps (wanted to get 10 sets but knee started feeling it)
  4. EZ-bar preacjer curl:  50lb x 10sets x 5reps
  5. Unilateral concentration curl**:  15lb x 4sets x 10 reps (wanted to get 10 sets but left knee couldn't support the left arm.  Started hurting at set 3, but I did 1 more anyway)

*Isolateral row machine:  That's a science-y word.  It must be better than barbell rows or 1-arm dumbbell rows.  :(

**Unilateral concentration curl:  1 arm at a time. I'll have to find an alternative, like seated incline curls.  My left knee did NOT like bracing the left arm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing