2 weeks post hernia repair

I finally bit the bullet and got my hernia repaired on 3/27. I can not lift weights yet, but I have started a 6-day per week walking schedule.

I say schedule, but it is really simple:


  1. Walk Monday through Saturday

  2. Walk for as long as I can (up to an hour) before surgery site starts hurting

  3. Do this for 3 weeks

So I feel a weird tugging sensation if I do too much of anything right now, so I'll work just to the edge of discomfort, and back off. The goal is to slowly and cautiously push my threshhold up.


So far I have walked



  • Fri 4/6: 30 minutes

  • Sat 4/7: 30 minutes

  • Sun 4/8: 30 mins at 6:00 AM and 45 mins at 7:00 PM

After 3 weeks, I'll incorporate jogging.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing