Bigger changes than I expected

Now that I'm ramping up my run mileage for race season, I have to lift about half as often as I was lifting in previous blocks. All previous training blocks have been:

  • Mon: Chest & Back (power/strength)
  • Tues: Shoulders & Arms (strength)
  • Wed: Legs: (power/strength)
  • Thu: Chest & back (hypertrophy)
  • Fri: Shoulders & Arms
For Phase 2, which is Race prep, I've moved to a lower frequency lifting schedule so I can keep up the increased running / conditioning in the evenings.

Phase 2 Morning Lifting Schedule:
  • Monday: Chest & Back (strength/hypertrophy)
  • Tuesday: Cardio
  • Wednesday: Legs (strength/hypertrophy)
  • Thursday: Cardio
  • Friday: Arms (strength/hypertrophy)
  • Saturday: Race Day or Challenge Day
Phase 2 Evening Conditioning Schedule:
  • Monday: Speed warmup, distance running
  • Tuesday: Speed warmup, sprints, boxing
  • Wednesday: Speed warmup, sprints, boxing
  • Thursday: Speed warmup, distance running
  • Friday: Speed warmup, recovery run
Challenge Day:
I'm outside hiking, biking, kayaking, or doing a trail run

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing