Accumulate volume

This is the fastest I have ever built muscle and strength. And I'm doing at almost 41 years old, with a recently torn left bicep.  I have eliminated ego from my training and am taking a rational, simple, but extremely difficult path to increasing my training volume.

My training partner and I are lifting 4 days per week.  Two days are the real result producing days.

This is our Volume Accumulation program:
Using the same weight for weeks 1  - 3
Week 1:
Tuesday:     Deadlift & Dips: 10 x 5
Friday:       Deadlift & Dips: 10 x 6

Week 2:
Tuesday:     Deadlift & Dips: 10 x 7
Friday:       Deadlift & Dips: 10 x 8

Week 3:
Tuesday:     Deadlift & Dips: 10 x 9
Friday:       Deadlift & Dips: 10 x 10

Week 4:
M,W,F: playing with heavy loads, low volume on bench press, overhead press, squat, cleans, rows

Week 5 - 7
Add +40lbs to deadlift and repeat
Add +25lbs to dips and repeat

Tomorrow I'll finish Week 6 (10x8), and I've never felt so strong or thick. My entire torso is radically different.  My traps, forearms, spinal erectors, glutes, and hams are completely different. Using one load and DOUBLING the volume before adding any weight has prevented any joint pain.

After week 7, we are taking another deload week and starting over with squat, overhead press, and pullups.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing