Additional athleticism

I've just started on block II, and its going great.  I'm mastering the stability movements, increasing range of motion / mobility, and starting to add in a bit of evening running to prep for Spartan Super and Tough Mudder.

So what's the additional athleticism component?  Well....

1. Running
2. Power Cleans

Running:
Nothing sexy here.  Just following a REALLY simple 14 week running plan. I have more than 14 weeks till the races, but may as well build capacity now.


Power Cleans:
I'm just walking it up SLOWLY every Monday and Thursday
e.g.
Wk1
Monday: 95x5; 115x3; 135x2; 155x1; 165x1; 175x1
Thursday 115x5; 135x3; 155x2; 165x1; 175x1; 185x1

The volume here is low, and I'm doing it on Chest & Back day, but starting with an explosive movement fires up the CNS and makes moving heavier weights more fluid and efficient. These weights are REALLY easy.  I won't miss a rep

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing