1 week of 5-3-1 + EDT in the books

Holy smokes!!!!   In 1 week I've noticed a change in my body.   Its happening fast, despite the reasonable levels  of fatigue and soreness.  Every muscle is fuller and more vascular.  Abs look just as defined as competition weight of 198, but now I'm up to 203.

Biggest changes:

  1. Quads blowing up from 5 min squat sets.  So far I'm up to 55 reps with 135#.  Soon as I reach 100 reps I'll increase to 185#.
  2. Chest, shoulders, and triceps filling out from the 15 minute EDT set.  I'm up to 100 reps dips & 100 reps curls in 15 minutes. When I hit 150 of each, I'll add 25# on dips and another 20# on curls.
  3. Mid back filling out from the clean & press, especially the final Rest Pause set.
My stamina is ridiculous!!!  I can run all day, or do bodyweight movements all day.   Boxing workouts are really filling in the conditioning gap I used to have.

Now to stay the course and not get too greedy with the weights. I need to avoid injury

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing