31 JAN: DT1

I freaking love Density Training. Charles Staley was ahead of his time. I came across him and his writings in the late 90s. Much of what he wrote then has been gobbled up by CrossFit and Meatheads alike. Density Training is just one example. As he wrote, it's proper name is Escalating Density Training. Here is the basic premise: During a specific time period, you alternate two movements and count up the total reps at the end. The next time you perform the workout, you simply shoot to increase reps in that same timeframe. It doesn't matter how you break it up; just do more every time.

Well, I got my numbers to beat, and it absolutely gassed me. It was an awesome experience to feel acute muscular fatigue and systemic fatigue at the same time. I was breathing hard, light headed, and building lactic acid in specific muscle groups all at the same time.

I finished the workout with some rehab strength training. The weights were light, but it worked my lower back at just the right level.

The Results:
  1. Max reps in 10 minutes of:
    a. Squat jumps: 85 total reps
    b. Neutral grip pulldown: 55 total reps @ 130lbs
  2. Max reps in 10 minutes of:
    a. Pushups*: 65 total reps
    b. Hanging leg raise: 65 total reps
  3. Rehab work:
    Flat back goodmorning: 45 x 5, 5, 5

*Pushups. Good grief! I was so depleted after the 1st 10min block that pushups were HARD! I seriously hope I get at least 75 by next Monday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing