Saturday in the Sun

7 FEB was awesome.  It started with a  terrible night of sleep.  I went out and had way too much tea, which kept me up till about 4:00 AM.  I woke up  at 6:30 and got ready for a boxing session.


7:30 - 9:30 AM
It was just me and the guy with the keys to the gym.  We each did our own thing.  He left after a little over and hour.  I stayed and banged away for 2 hours.   Lots of emphasis on power. Lots of my old Thai skills & techniques.

2:00 - 5:30 PM
Sand Volleyball at Hanover's in Pflugerville.  Let me tell you -  I SUCKED at this.  Toook 2 games before my breathing got back to reasonable.  And my timing was way off on attempts to spike.  My reflexes are still sharp, but I had no accuracy whatsoever on bumps.  Setting was so-so.  I was worst at the change of direction in the sand.  I felt heavy and flatfooted.

Lessons Learned (Reminded):
Since I don't enjoy jogging at all, I think I'm going to  start running lateral drills and do a good bit of field work to supplement basic jogging.  I still need to make time for my dogs' exercise, so I'll always get a little jogging done.

Weights don't  make you a better athlete.   They give you more strength potential.  PLAYING is required to transfer that potential to sport.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing